Counselling that specialises in...
Who we are
We would like to introduce ourselves and Footprints - a highly regarded counselling service we offer in the
New Plymouth area.
We have reputable, professional and extensive backgrounds in education, social work and counselling. As
registered members of New Zealand Association of Counsellors our professional practice operates in
accordance with the NZAC Code of Ethics. We hold current counselling qualifications, with a commitment to
ongoing evidence-based professional development.
Dee Costello (MNZAC)
B.A. (Psych. & Ed.)
Dip. Teaching (ECE)
Dip. Child & Adolescent Counselling
Carol Pritchard (MNZAC)
B.Ed. (Ed. & Psych.)
Dip. Special Needs in Ed
Footprints is dedicated to providing a respectful, compassionate & confidential counselling service that
empowers children, adolescents, individual adults, couples and families to;
- Develop creative solutions to the challenges they face
- Enhance personal effectiveness and resilience
- Restore and sustain more satisfying relationships
- Achieve well-being and balance in the mental, emotional, social, spiritual and physical aspects of their
We use a variety of growth-promoting therapeutic approaches including:
- Person-Centered Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Interactive Drawing Therapy
- Solution-Focussed Therapy
- Child-Centered Play Therapy
Our business name Footprints and slogan "With You on the Journey" encapsulate our philosophy that
we are all travellers on a journey, helping each other on the way.
Location and contact details
Operating from our counselling rooms at Moturoa, New Plymouth, we offer both daytime and evening appointments
(Monday - Friday) at very competitive prices. An answering service is available for you to leave messages at
anytime and we will contact you at the earliest opportunity in work hours.
If someone is in danger please phone NZ Police 111 or the TDHB Mental Health Assessment & Brief Care (ABC) Team: 0508 292 4672.
p. 06 2811149
a. 73 Whiteley Street Moturoa, New
Our Value Base
We endeavour to always uphold professional relationships based on:
- Christian faith
What you can Expect
- Information shared is confidential unless someone is at risk.
- Counselling will be provided at all times in an emotionally safe way.
- You will be treated in a respectful and non-judgmental manner regardless of your ethnicity, age,
religion, abilities, beliefs, sexual orientation, education or socio-economic background.
- Counsellors at Footprints are professionally qualified and registered Members of the New Zealand
Association of Counsellors.
- Counsellors at Footprints are experienced in different modalities and counselling will be
personal and tailored to meet your needs and goals.
- If information is required by another agency you will be fully informed of the request and you can ask
for a copy of any documents that are to be forwarded.
- You have the right to terminate the agreement at any time.
- Sessions for adults will be 55 minutes duration.
- Sessions for children will be 45 minutes duration.
Our expectations of you are
- You will attend all scheduled counselling sessions on time.
- You will give at least 24 hours notice if you are unable to attend any session. If you do not attend an
appointment without notification you will be charged at half the normal session fee for the missed
- Counselling sessions cancelled with less than 24 hours notice (except for circumstances beyond the
control of the client) will be charged at half normal session fee.
At the conclusion of your counselling we would welcome your feedback so that we can keep improving our
service to the community.
- $117 (inc GST) per session
- $84 (inc. GST) per session for Community Services Card holders (Please show your CSC to your
- If a written report is requested there is a pro-rata charge.
- Internet banking payment for each session is required after your appointment.
- If an external funding provider is paying for your counselling, payment must be confirmed prior to the
commencement of the first session.
- There will be an additional $20 administration charge for overdue payments
We hope your experience with Footprints is both positive and helpful for your journey.